Centre of Food Technology has initiated Association of Food Scientists and Technologists (India)- Allahabad Chapter. The inauguration of the chapter has been scheduled on 9th January 2017 at 10.30 am in the presence of Dr. B.B. Borse , Hon. Secretary, AFST (I) and Dr. S.K. Singh, Head, Dept. of Food Process Engg., Vaugh School of Agricultural Engineering and Technology, SHIATS, Allahabad.
The Association of Food Scientists and Technologists (India) has been in existence since August 1957. The official head quarters of AFST(I) is at the Central Food Technological Research Institute Campus, Mysore. It is registered under the Registrar of Societies in Mysore, Karnataka State Societies Act (Reg. No. 8/1963-64. The objective of AFST(I) shall be the advancement of all aspects of Science and Technology relating to the production, processing and distribution of food. There are thirty-five Chapters of AFST(I) in the entire country. The locations of some of the chapters are at Mumbai, Delhi, Bengaluru, Calcutta, Manipur, Chennai, NIFTEM etc. One of the fundamental duties of the Association is to bring together members on a platform along with the experts in the field not only from India but also from abroad, along with the captains of the industries to share the commonalities of the cutting edge technology in today's changing scenario.
Salient objectives of AFST(I) are as follows:
To provide opportunities for the dissemination and exchange of knowledge and experience primarily among professionals of food science and technology and also among the public and society at large.
- To promote the rational and economic development of food science and technology in the country so as to ensure the best interest of the community at large.
- To encourage research, development and training in the science and technology of food.
- To promote among its members, a high standard of technical proficiency, professional expertise and personal integrity so as to elevate in turn the profession of food science and technology.
- To collaborate with other organizations, national or international in activities relating to furtherance of the AFST (I) objectives.
- In the pursuance of its objectives, AFST (I) shall undertake activities of the following kinds in the area of food science and technology:
--- Organise lectures, meetings, seminars and conferences directed both towards professionals and the public.
--- Bring out a journal or journals and vehicles for the publication of scientific and technical articles concerned with research and development, and of such other matters as may advance food science and technology, such as news regarding AFST (I) activities and members, reports of meetings elsewhere, commercial and market information, news of promotional and development activity and the like.
- AFST (I) shall be professional, educational and non- commercial organization. AFST (I) shall not give dividend, bonus or otherwise in money to any of its members but may pay in good faith remuneration by way of salary, honorarium, travelling expenses and other benefits to any person employed by it to serve the organization, or to any person for any other specific service rendered to it.
AFST(I) membership is open to all food professionals engaged in academic, industrial and other related activities. It has a well-written constitution, which forms the backbone of guidelines by which the Head Quarters and Chapters are functioning through their elected Central Executive Committee (CEC) and Local Executive Committees (LECs) respectively. The election of Office Bearers to these committees, their powers and functions are part of the constitution.
(AFSTI) Allahabad Chapter
Elections of Office Bearers (2016) held on October 18, 2016.
|Post||Name of the Candidate|
|President||Prof. Neelam Yadav, Director, IPS, AU|
|Secretary||Dr. Pinki Saini, Assistant Professor, CFT, AU|
|Treasurer||Dr. Madhuresh Dwivedi, Assistant Professor, CFT, AU|
|Local Executive Committee(LEC) Members||Dr. Alka Gupta, Assistant Professor, Ethilind School of Home Science, SHUATS|
|Dr. John Diamond Raj, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Food Process Engg., SHUATS|
|Dr. S K Chauhan, Resource Person, CFT, AU|
|Er. Atul Anand Mishra, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Food Process Engg., SHUATS|
Address: Centre of Food Technology, University of Allahabad, Allahabad-211002.